Belgian Wheat IPA (help)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I want to brew an wheat IPA with Belgian yeast, and I'm a little unsure where to start. Should I make an IPA, and just ferment it with Belgian yeast, or make a Belgian ale and hop the bejesus out of it? I'm limited to extract and specialty grains. I'm hoping I'll be able to get ingredients tomorrow or the next day, and then brew on Saturday. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

I've had good luck with designing IPAs & DIPAs and then just hitting them with WLP 530. I was using that particular strain for a local contest. Hell, hit an IPA with some candi sugar and some belgian yeast and let the good times roll. It's homebrewing. You can always make alterations to get it right next time. :mug:

Oh! I was picturing a lot more wheat. Hell, I'm bottling an IPA tomorrow that is half wheat in the grain bill. Regardless, combining Belgian yeast with American IPAs has yet to let me down.

Back