Wine Making/Log Software?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattooedViking9

The Viking Vintner
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there is any PC software out there to help keep recipes and/or notes organized. I know there are many for beer, but I'm looking for something related specifically to making wine. Thanks! :mug:

Check out: www.vinotrac.com
and it may have a free feature for x-amount of batches. Also check www.winemaker.nl, they have a free feature and a paid feature. Can also just use search engine and look for winemaking software, many seem to have trial periods, etc.

Sara

Vinotrac is free for 5 batches then $9 per MONTH to use... IMO, too expensive by far. The Winemaker site is full of non-links (FAQ page doesn't list any answers and questions are not links). Plus it lists windows 95 and newer. Seriously doubt it will run on anything (without issue) above XP. Too much changed in Windows after/for XP to expect software to work.

I use BeerSmith 2.x for my batches of mead and such, not just beer. While it doesn't list any grapes, by default, you could enter the info for them into the ingredients and then use them.

I would be interested in some software that does a better job at formulating batches of mead, but until something comes along, BeerSmith (IMO/IME) does a good enough job for me.

Were searching for a program like this myself a couple of days back when i stumble upon this thread. I didn't find any good/simple programs that fitted my needs so i made one my self! Its newly coded so probably isn't very bug free, if you find any problems or think of anything i missed please write something to me and i will see if it fits for the next update of the program.

heres a link to the file
http://www.speedyshare.com/4kTn7/WinemakersJournal.zip

You should be able to download it fine, i think your just pressing the wrong buttons. Althou i will upload a new patch anyday now and i still havent fixed a webpage yet so the updating will be a bit hard, But try pressing another link on the site and ill be uploading next version asap

Link doesn't work for me either. Just use dropbox public link or something.

You should be able to download it fine, i think your just pressing the wrong buttons. Althou i will upload a new patch anyday now and i still havent fixed a webpage yet so the updating will be a bit hard, But try pressing another link on the site and ill be uploading next version asap

Thank you for the program. It took a couple minutes but finally figured out I had to click on the filename up near the top. Looks like this should work fine for my needs! Thanks again.

Please take a look at the Home Wine Program which can be used to design recipes for wine, or evaluate and perhaps tweak an existing recipe. Up to 11 ingredients can be used in each recipe from a total choice of more than 90. There's an option to use and store your own composition data. The notebook section will keep your notes and also display graphs showing the progress of a batch. It's available free from homewineprogram.com.

Were searching for a program like this myself a couple of days back when i stumble upon this thread. I didn't find any good/simple programs that fitted my needs so i made one my self! Its newly coded so probably isn't very bug free, if you find any problems or think of anything i missed please write something to me and i will see if it fits for the next update of the program.

heres a link to the file
http://www.speedyshare.com/4kTn7/WinemakersJournal.zip

When I click the link above it takes me to this: http://getdoctopdf.com/doctopdfpbu/...1f84e94-cf8a-11e7-98bc-9ca0daeb6d5b&pid=49184

Is your program still active?

Back