Why does it.......?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbeckett

Reaction score
Always rain when I get my burner and all of my gear set up to cook off a batch? Got everything all gathered up, moved the burner out to the back patio, set up the tank, started warming the extract and bigger than $hit it started to rain. Not a hard driving gotta stay in and watch it rain, but a thin mist that is gonna make cooking in it a PITA. I guess it is a test to determine how dedicated to doing a batch I really am. Made another batch of root beer for the SWMBO and have it under pressure force carbing and just dieing to test out the new Keexer/ ferm chamber and then this..... What happened to "Florida...The Sunshine State? Oh well, I'm bummed, but I'm gonna give it about an hour to clear up and start brewing anyway....
Dammit.

Wheelchair Bob:mad:

It's summer now, you've gotta expect an hour of rain/thunderstorms in the afternoon every day now. Misleading state nickname!

HB,
You know the deal about the liquid sunshine being in Tampa/St Pete. But the batch came out perfectly on target at 1.052 and is bubbling away happily in it's ale Pail in the ferm chamber as we speak. Fermentation lag was actually pretty minimal even for a dry yeast. Went to bed with no bubbles, woke to a vigourous bubbling in the morning, so ferm started between 7 and 10 hrs after I pitched. Let it bubble all day Sunday and put it in the ferm chamber set to 60 this morning. Beer in a few weeks.... Gotta love ancient chemists and civilizations for finding this trick and passing it on to us....

Wheelchair Bob.

HB,
You know the deal about the liquid sunshine being in Tampa/St Pete. But the batch came out perfectly on target at 1.052 and is bubbling away happily in it's ale Pail in the ferm chamber as we speak. Fermentation lag was actually pretty minimal even for a dry yeast. Went to bed with no bubbles, woke to a vigourous bubbling in the morning, so ferm started between 7 and 10 hrs after I pitched. Let it bubble all day Sunday and put it in the ferm chamber set to 60 this morning. Beer in a few weeks.... Gotta love ancient chemists and civilizations for finding this trick and passing it on to us....

Wheelchair Bob.

Indeed I do. Glad to hear the rain didn't perturb you!

Back