Name those hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster

Reaction score
Being a noob to home brew I can't I.D. ingredients enough to know what I like and don't like. So my method is, try a craft brew, if I like it look up a clone OR check the recipe database and if it sounds tasty, make it. This is a palette check. The Sam Adams Hopology latitude 48 and whitbeerIPA have similar tasting hops to me, any opinions if I am on the mark?

Those both have 5 or 6 varieties of hops. The only one they have in common is Simcoe. I don't think you'd be able to pick out the Simcoe amidst all the others, but it's possible.

Its a good start. Ive found it easier to find out whats in my favorate beers and discovering why I liked them so much,by brewing with those certain ingredients. Ive noticed some patterns in my top favorate beers which had some similar ingredients in them. Its a good way to learn also without having to brew so many batches before discovering what you like,although that is part of the fun either it being "craft beer research" or brewing it. ;)

Back