Cool or Unusual bottle openers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got this a few months ago- my favorite so far

ee92_millennium_falcon_bottle_opener.jpg

this turtle opens bottles then sits on top of the glass and waits for the pour (it should help pouring black and tan but i just use it for opening bottles)

turtle opener.jpg

Where did you get this?! As a huge Star Wars nerd, I must have it.

i got it from thinkgeek. was a little pricy imo but totally worth it #12parsecs

That's pretty cool. Looks like it doesn't bend the cap either?...

pretty much, most bottle openers i've used tend to bend the cap in the middle. with this one, only the edges get bent. pretty nice since can save the caps for an art project down the road.

I made my own similar to the Kansas ones a couple pages back.
Used some 1 x 2 maple wood, and sheet metal screws. Rounded off the business end, drilled though for lanyards, though I haven't gotten around to putting them in, 3 years later, and stained them a couple different colors (I made a total of 4 of them) using leftover stain from when I built my bass guitar.
I also have a few other nicer ones, a bartender's style from Harpoon, a mounted one, and a million freebie keychain ones.

I made my own similar to the Kansas ones a couple pages back.
Used some 1 x 2 maple wood, and sheet metal screws. Rounded off the business end, drilled though for lanyards, though I haven't gotten around to putting them in, 3 years later, and stained them a couple different colors (I made a total of 4 of them) using leftover stain from when I built my bass guitar.
I also have a few other nicer ones, a bartender's style from Harpoon, a mounted one, and a million freebie keychain ones.

Pics Please

Just a Dollar Store stocking stuffer, but it is all I got from Santa that is beer related.

IMG_6264.jpg

FRS said:
Here's one I made from a worn out mountain bike cassette.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Home Brew mobile app

Thats pretty sweet. Hows it workin out for you?

It works great! At the time I had access to a heat treatment furnace, so I was able to anneal it soft for cutting, then harden it again for wear resistance. Probably unnecessary, but was it fun. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Home Brew mobile app

This is the one I have. Always makes someone laugh when I pull it out of my wallet. Also TSA agents look at me funny whenever it goes through the xray machine.

Man-Card.jpg

^That's a good one. Those guys that scan everything pulled a tuner muffler outta my bag,thinking it was a bomb part of some kind. I got it from that famous tuner shop in the city Paul Walker lived in. I had to convince his supervisor that it wasn't a plutonium trigger or something. Geez...

Awesome thread...never realized there were so many unique openers out there! I guess I need to start collecting!

-Sapp

I have this one, It's called a Mit Mah bottle opener (I think). You place it over the cap and press down, and a spring loaded mechanism inside pops the cap off without bending it (Great for saving caps for fridge magnets or whatever). It even has a magnet that catches the cap for you.
2QWRkZ5.jpg
lWq84qo.jpg

I got one of those at the Sicilianos Market Homebrew Party a few years ago. Generally the cap ends up somewhere on the counter, but I still use it plenty often.

I also finally mounted a standard wall mount homebrew opener near the door of my garage. Then I saw someone post a similar opener but with a magnet below it on the wall to catch caps. I was trying to figure out what to use to catch caps and that was the answer! In 2 minutes I had a rare earth hard drive magnet screwed in place and it works a treat!

Maybe I should work harder at collecting openers. There are some nice ones on here.

Just bought me a butterfly knife opener, plus one for a friend, from Thinkgeek.com. It was difficult to ignore all of the other cool things for sale there.

Back