Rogue Bombers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewcephus

Reaction score
So, I worked a beer fest this weekend and I was working the Rogue table pouring beer. It was a fun festival, but the best part about it was the fact that I got to bring home almost 2 cases of empty bombers!

Now, my question is, does anyone have any experience with de-labeling Rogue Bombers? They are screen printed labels and I have done some research on the interwebs as to how to go about doing this. I saw a youtube video of a guy de-labeling Stone bottles which were screen printed.

Just curious if any of you have tried doing this or if you just leave the labels on your bombers?

here is the link to the youtube vid

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will when I get home tonight and see if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
The paint on Rogue bottles is way crappier than Stone or others. I wouldn't think it will take much to take it off. I don't usually bother taking off the paint from bottles like that, but Rogue bottles usually drop to drop some of the paint even with just Oxyclean.

Anything acidic will work. CLR, concentrated Star-San, etc.

Awesome! I Hope this works too. Going to try this and I'll post my results.

I had just gave up trying to remove the paint.

It worked! Glad I found this post. Now I can clean the two cases of stone bombers that were given to me.

I used about half the CLR in about 1.5 gallons of water.

ForumRunner_20130614_201401.jpg

ForumRunner_20130614_201416.jpg

ForumRunner_20130614_201424.jpg

Uxo,

did you just fill the bombers with water and set them over in the bucket? how long did you let them soak?

Uxo,

did you just fill the bombers with water and set them over in the bucket? how long did you let them soak?

I filled the bombers with water to weight them down. I let them sit for about 1.5 hrs and then scrubbed with the rough side of the dish sponge. It works fast. You might be able to soak for only 30 mins.

I've had good luck with an overnight soak in diluted starsan then wiping em down with a scrub pad. Worked on stone and rogue bottled but not coronas

Back