Forty eight hours without snow!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It hasn't snowed a bit since Friday morning. It's spring in the UP! :ban:

It got quite warm yesterday and the snow melt is incredible. My little fish pond is nearly snow and ice free, and I may be able to have only water in there by tomorrow.

The lakes are still frozen, though, and there is lots of snow in the woods. But we're opening the cottage today, and going to build a big fire in the fireplace and stay overnight there.

It's always encouraging when spring comes.

Snow is almost gone from my backyard. Iceout on the lakes is going to happen in the next couple of days! 70n degrees here !

Snow down here in the valley is gone now and I have been getting the garden ready to plant. Brought the trailer up from the pasture where I winter it and have been getting it ready for the camping season.

My wife, and I am newly married, who is from New Zealand asked if we could go camping in the next week or so. As much as I would love to go camping up in the hills there is still a ton of snow up there. Going to be 6 weeks or more before I can get up into my favorite campsite :mad:

Hail Zephyrus!

First burgers of the season on the grill tonight. Snow almost gone. Only running the furnace for 10 min. in the A.M. Back down to 62 by morning.:rockin:

I have green tomatoes on the vine and peppers coming on had fresh broccoli other night from garden of course it rarely get to freezing here in Florida

Winter storm warning going into effect this evening for my little corner of the world. NOAA says 6-12 inches between tonight and tomorrow. :(

It's okay, though. We've been in a bit of a dry spell and could use the moisture. And it will melt fast, so it's all good. Summer's almost here. :)

80F and sunny here in Chicago. Had to grill out and have friends over last night it was so nice out. That's what balconies are for!

Had to hop in the pool because it was 97 on Sunday. Yep, it's spring time in the valley. :D

It's nice today, but it's supposed to snow on Thursday here.

But my fish pond is ice free, and after the next snow storm I'll put my fish out there I think.

We opened up the cottage, and the snow melted a lot just in two days. The lake is still frozen over, but I bet it'll be open by Monday or so.

My grandson went out to the lake with me, and he told me he wanted to go for a boat ride. He doesn't quite "get" a frozen lake, I guess. :p

He did get to throw some rocks, so he was happy anyway.

We built a huge fire in the woodstove last night, and had a great evening of music and beer in front of a fire. It was really nice!

Yooper said:
It's nice today, but it's supposed to snow on Thursday here.

But my fish pond is ice free, and after the next snow storm I'll put my fish out there I think.

We opened up the cottage, and the snow melted a lot just in two days. The lake is still frozen over, but I bet it'll be open by Monday or so.

My grandson went out to the lake with me, and he told me he wanted to go for a boat ride. He doesn't quite "get" a frozen lake, I guess. :p

He did get to throw some rocks, so he was happy anyway.

We built a huge fire in the woodstove last night, and had a great evening of music and beer in front of a fire. It was really nice!

We still have a few small piles of snow in the bush but not much. I got the 1.5 acres of lawn raked on the weekend. Ice is off my 20 acre pond now but lake nippissing is still covered some. This week is to be 70's or better so that will show the winter who's boss. But until June, we are never safe from frost!!

Bother it is snowing right now. Not much of a snow and is melting as fast as it hits the ground but snowing nonetheless.

Might be a good night to brew

We had a "dusting" around 3 months ago... 80's today... Albuquerque has the most wonderful Springs and Falls, too bad they are only about 2 weeks long each!! That's the high desert for ya.

This past weekend we got some nice weather and it turned into 70s and even 80 yesterday. Combined with a bit or rain 2 days ago, I will have to drag the mower out and get it set up for the summer already! Grass is already tall enough to cut.

Homercidal said:
This past weekend we got some nice weather and it turned into 70s and even 80 yesterday. Combined with a bit or rain 2 days ago, I will have to drag the mower out and get it set up for the summer already! Grass is already tall enough to cut.

I really need to pull out the mower too. After all the late snow and ridiculous rain followed by sudden sunny warm weather, it looks terrible. I hate mowing. I'm very allergic to grass. But I do have a cream ale on tap. First time I ever made a "lawnmower" beer. I guess I have to drink it per tradition. Any of you people up there going to the Right Brain homebrew party on May 18?

I really need to pull out the mower too. After all the late snow and ridiculous rain followed by sudden sunny warm weather, it looks terrible. I hate mowing. I'm very allergic to grass. But I do have a cream ale on tap. First time I ever made a "lawnmower" beer. I guess I have to drink it per tradition. Any of you people up there going to the Right Brain homebrew party on May 18?

Say what??

Don't count me out...

we had snow saturday.......

everyone's reaction

02c.jpg

It hasn't snowed a bit since Friday morning. It's spring in the UP! :ban:

It got quite warm yesterday and the snow melt is incredible. My little fish pond is nearly snow and ice free, and I may be able to have only water in there by tomorrow.

The lakes are still frozen, though, and there is lots of snow in the woods. But we're opening the cottage today, and going to build a big fire in the fireplace and stay overnight there.

It's always encouraging when spring comes.

:eek:

Bah! Couple of days ago I weeded one of my hops beds. They were just poking their heads out. Now they are more than a foot long and just about ready to twine! I haven't even trung the twine and I got 2 more beds that don't even have a post set up yet!

Still gotta get tubes put in the mower tires and new spindles for the deck. It's a race to see if the grass or hops can grow the fastest!

calling for a chance of snow here Sunday

It's snowing here right now.

We were going to put our boat dock in today, but I changed my mind. Putting on my waders in the snow just isn't fun like it used to be. The ice is gone from the lake, though, as of a couple of days ago.

It's only supposed to snow a little bit and then again tomorrow- so maybe on Tuesday. The good news is that we can build a huge fire in the fireplace and drink beer, like a good winter evening. Except that it's nearly the middle of MAY.

I'm depressed.

Yooper said:
It's snowing here right now.

We were going to put our boat dock in today, but I changed my mind. Putting on my waders in the snow just isn't fun like it used to be. The ice is gone from the lake, though, as of a couple of days ago.

It's only supposed to snow a little bit and then again tomorrow- so maybe on Tuesday. The good news is that we can build a huge fire in the fireplace and drink beer, like a good winter evening. Except that it's nearly the middle of MAY.

I'm depressed.

She was cool enough here (5c) last night that i put a small fire on for a couple hours. Drank a few beer and watched a hockey game. Its cool today but sun is trying to come out.

Gonna brew a Coopers wheat beer today. My LHBS sells Coopers cans for $17, so its hard not to grab one and try it. The whole kits will be under $20 for 6gal of beer.

I slept with the window cracked open about 2" for the first time this year last night. Gotta start thinking about getting the A/C put into the window in my bedroom.

Brewed a Cream Ale yesterday. And the lawn already needs a mowing for the second time.

Yooper said:
It's still snowing here, a little. The wind is howling. It's definitely like November here!

It even looks like fall with all the red, yellow, and purple buds on the trees.

From today's trip.

image-3479489642.jpg

image-3954630756.jpg

You know you are from Michigan if you take pictures of the snow in mid May.

Back