Town Water Changes from Last Year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is this possible? Last year (actually 2011 since they release reports a year afterwards), my town's water report listed:

Chloride 100
Hardness 43
Calcium 12
Magnesium 3

This year's report (2012) does not list any of those at all. I emailed the water department to ask what those numbers were because I assumed they just left them off to save space and he told me if it wasn't listed then none were detected.

I can see Calcium and Magnesium not being detected as they were fairly low the prior year too, but that much of a drop for Chloride and no Hardness number? I may have to do lab test with Ward, just seemed weird to me. I know in 2011 year, we had a lot of snow, so run off could have increased some elements and then 2012 we had barely any snow. So maybe that's the change, but first time in four years of using my water reports of seeing items just disappear.

Not likely that they disappeared from the water supply, but quite possible that the city didn't report them. They are secondary parameters that they don't have to test for or report.

Latest posts

Back