Pieces of grain in my wort ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smonteton

Reaction score
i have quite a few peices of grain in my wort should have any thing to worry about theres not alot but theres enough to notice? thanks smon

idk if they are grain , they kinda look like lil pieces of wet bread crumbs???? i haven't noticed anything in my wort priar to today?

If there isn't a ton which might give you tannin issues, I would imagine they will eventually settle, so I would not worry about it.

If there isn't a ton which might give you tannin issues, I would imagine they will eventually settle, so I would not worry about it.

seconded - some times it happens to me too - one of my BIAB bags has a small hole in it, sometimes some gets through, it always settles.

Considering that grain getting into wort must have occurred more than once in the history of the world, I figure that if it were deadly dangerous someone would have warned us about it by now and there'd be numerous articles about how to avoid this catastrophe.

Unless any-one says otherwise, I'd assume it's fine. Heck, if you can drop a *screwdriver* into wort, I think some grain should be fine.

Back