What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wahoo! Will be drinking shortly to celebrate!

Totally awesome man!!!!
Im havin a Labatt now while chilling my new beers from the bottle shop especially excited for this! B. Nektar Meadery out of East Michigan, their Evil Genius IPA style Mead

ForumRunner_20130513_202701.jpg

Yep. Dumping the kids off at the in-laws and the wife and I are heading up with a bunch of friends in the RV.

Well enjoy have a couple for me. Wife just informed me I got to work i forgot it's blessing of the bikes this weekend.

Future father in law isn't one to blow smoke up butts or issue compliments... So when I showed up yesterday at his place and he right away said "whit! That beer you left me last time you were here... That was really good!", it was a very proud moment. Gettin toward the end of the batch; my first partial mash

image-3906952549.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Not bad for a light lager. And goes very well with the spicy chicken flatbread at Jiko. :mug:

Oh man! Haven't had Tusker in years! Brings back great memories of enjoying it in Kenya! Tusker to tusk with a bull elephant! Good to see you found one state side!

half_whit said:
Future father in law isn't one to blow smoke up butts or issue compliments... So when I showed up yesterday at his place and he right away said "whit! That beer you left me last time you were here... That was really good!", it was a very proud moment. Gettin toward the end of the batch; my first partial mash

Sounds like my father in law, who likes to order a Bud whenever I'm drinking craft beer and tell me how it's the best beer on the market. I think the blonde I'm drinking right now might convince him that homebrew isn't all "crazy new age" beer.

Live Oak Hefe at Hopdoddy in South Austin. Great Hefe!

Any Texas folks have other recommendations? Either for beers or places to get said beers? Going to be traveling weekly to Austin for the next year. First night is off to a good start.

image-2568239060.jpg

Brewery Vivant Big Red Coq Hoppy Belgo American Red Ale. Reaaaaaly good. Red ale with a good amount of Citra and all the Belgian yeast characteristics, tartness, barnyard and a little fruity esters.

I should of grabbed some of that but I passed it up. But a heads up next week Thay are canning plow horse a 9.5% Belgian Imperial stout :)

I got caught with my pants down tonight. There is no beer to be drunk in my house tonight!!

So instead, it's a Dry Gin Martini, dirty, shaken, with three olives kind of night. I suppose that'll do.

tyzippers said:
I got caught with my pants down tonight. There is no beer to be drunk in my house tonight!!

So instead, it's a Dry Gin Martini, dirty, shaken, with three olives kind of night. I suppose that'll do.

I didn't know this was possible. I've got beer all over my house.. kitchen, office, basement.

A little unimpressed with a ST oak aged unearthly especially for being only a month from bottle date. An ok II IPA though.
But on to a -The Perfect Crime-stone collaboration. I like it and dont have much experience with saisons. But this is pretty complex and good not getting much smoke but thats ok-its good there is a bit of woody cherryness underneath the heavy yeast character which is the least to say about it. Lovin it. I can get them singlely for a few bucks,Ill be picking up a few and age at least one.Pretty clean/clear and sediment free for being "bottle conditioned" which seemed abnormal. 0 complaints though-its good stuff.

Hmm.. think Ill have my first 2013 hoptimum next.

xMalachi said:
I didn't know this was possible. I've got beer all over my house.. kitchen, office, basement.

My beer fund was cut back severely recently. Hopefully that won't last long. I mean I do have a few things aging, but not worthy of drinking on a whim. I also have two carboys fermenting, but nowhere near ready. So I do have beer in the house, just not worthy of drinking tonight.

tyzippers said:
My beer fund was cut back severely recently. Hopefully that won't last long. I mean I do have a few things aging, but not worthy of drinking on a whim. I also have two carboys fermenting, but nowhere near ready. So I do have beer in the house, just not worthy of drinking tonight.

Ahh gotcha, I got in trouble recently for my beer purchases so I'll probably do some cutting back. It's going to be a challenge to get through everything I've got though.

Stopped by my Homebrew club meeting on the way back from picking up my dog. Took my bíere de garde, hoppy saison, funky blackberry stout, rhubarb mosaic, and galaxy ipa clone attempt. Got to try nøgne saison and Stillwater stateside.

image-973329052.jpg

And an earlier hoppy saison to maybe cap off the night.

xMalachi said:
Ahh gotcha, I got in trouble recently for my beer purchases so I'll probably do some cutting back. It's going to be a challenge to get through everything I've got though.

Just throwing this out on the table, but I might be open to helping you move through some of those brews! :-D

Ridire said:
Sounds like my father in law, who likes to order a Bud whenever I'm drinking craft beer and tell me how it's the best beer on the market. I think the blonde I'm drinking right now might convince him that homebrew isn't all "crazy new age" beer.

Yeahhhh except this guys fridge is usually full of Sierra Nevada and troegs. He's also a complete BAMF

Latest posts

Back