Sunny Southern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCSDhops

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Been a reader for a while, decided to finally pull the trigger and become a member. This forum has an abundance of helpful information and I look forward to contributing where I can.

I have a small hop yard that i setup this past "winter" here in North County San Diego. Im hoping to record the progression, trials and tribulations (hopefully not too many tribulations, ha) here.

Look forward to rubbing shoulders with everyone!

Ben

Cool, welcome .

What kind of hops , and what is the size of your small hop yard ?

I have been thinking of trying a few plants here in Florida .

Happy growing!

The yard is roughly 400 plants. Its mainly composed of cascade, but also have a few centennial, chinook, galena, magnum, mt hood, nugget, willamette, and zues. also just ordered some sterling, newport and crystal. going to be a busy year!

I say go for it! its a lot of work but I'm having a blast so far.

Very cool ! Keep us updated !

Are you in or out of the traditional hop growing zones?

Florida is very hot , humid , and ranges from very wet to very dry seasonally. I was thinking I would get a variety of types and see what makes the cut. There is very little info available about growing hops here , so I'd just have to wing it and hope for the best .

Back