Kona Coffee ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilMac

Reaction score
I bought 4lb of "Extra Fancy" direct from Hawaii. Almost done , about 5oz left.
Well my experince has been disapointing considering its three times the normal cost. Its nice coffee but not worth the extra price. My Peruvian and Costa Rica taste better then the Kona.
Was wondering if anybody else has had this experience and noticed its more hype then far out experience.
P1040306_KonaCoffee-1000.jpg

Latest roast.

I bought 4lb of "Extra Fancy" direct from Hawaii. Almost done , about 5oz left.
Well my experince has been disapointing considering its three times the normal cost. Its nice coffee but not worth the extra price. My Peruvian and Costa Rica taste better then the Kona.
Was wondering if anybody else has had this experience and noticed its more hype then far out experience.
View attachment 583716 .

Latest roast.
I live in Hawai`i on the island of O`ahu. My wife and I drink the 10% Kona coffee produced by Hawaiian Isles Coffee Company. 100% is to expensive. One reason is to support local business and it's not a bad coffee. We wait to stock up when it goes on sale for $4 for a 10 oz bag.

I've tried extra fancy Kona as well and just didn't find it to be a particularly interesting coffee. Nowhere near the price.

Kona rides on its once-upon-a-time reputation for really clean and smooth coffee in a time where there was a lot less specialty grade coffee on the market. Good Kona is a really clean coffee but you can find plenty of Latin American coffees with the same clean cup for a fraction of the price.

Back