King Kooker Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone,

Anyone have expierence using this as a beer stand.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/King-Kooker-105-000-BTU-Bolt-Together-Propane-Gas-Outdoor-Frying-Boiling-Cart-with-Cast-Burner-and-Jet-Burner-94-90TKD/202483495?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D28I|28-22_BBQ+GRILL|NA|PLA|General|Fixed|71700000041074675|58700004918395909|92700042616569273&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxYLoBRCxARIsAEf16-sr3eocJfMWOh2vbat2EYztZkZbN23Op3CwaearV2gCqa3bA0_uyWsaAiCLEALw_wcB

Any pros and cons will help me. I really want a 1 tier system, but the price is quite nice.

By the way, I am a rookie brewer and have only been doing Extract kits thus far. Looking at this for all grain brewing

Thanks

Check the amazon reviews for this.... Lots of homebrewer reviews... Some good suggestions for easy mods, as well...

If I may make a suggestion, the easiest transition from extract to AG, in my opinion, is stove-top BIAB. Especially if you have a powerful
gas range... Even if not, you can supplement your stove w/ a 1000w heat stick. You can try out AG with minimum extra investment
to see if it's for you.... Some people prefer the relative simplicity of extract. You can make great beer w/out going AG.

Then if you decide you like AG but prefer traditional 3 vessel to BIAB, you haven't sunk much into the initial bag experiment...

10G kettle, stove, Bag (wilserbrewer here on HBT makes awesome bags), optional heat stick. Only difference between this and
your extract brew is the 40-60minute mash step...

I have that very unit, I have it pimped out with a bunch of stainless and diamond plate for windshielding and bling. I've used it for literally hundreds of gallons, using a keggle on each section. I'll usually brew a double batch with it (two mash tuns). The larger back piece of metal, I put under the top tier, sandwiched in between the two layers and have my pump mounted to it. Also added a switch box for the pump. The bottom burner is LOUD, 105,000 BTUs.

Last edited:
I have that very unit, I have it pimped out with a bunch of stainless and diamond plate for windshielding and bling. I've used it for literally hundreds of gallons, using a keggle on each section. I'll usually brew a double batch with it (two mash tuns). The larger back piece of metal, I put under the top tier, sandwiched in between the two layers and have my pump mounted to it. Also added a switch box for the pump. The bottom burner is LOUD, 105 BTUs.

Can you send me pictures

I'll see what I can do, they are on my phone and i usually use my desktop computer for the forum.

BTW - I brew in the garage, so the noise is mostly contained in there, if you brew outside, I don't feel that the noise would be nearly as bad.

Hey everyone,

Anyone have expierence using this as a beer stand.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/King-Kooker-105-000-BTU-Bolt-Together-Propane-Gas-Outdoor-Frying-Boiling-Cart-with-Cast-Burner-and-Jet-Burner-94-90TKD/202483495?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D28I|28-22_BBQ+GRILL|NA|PLA|General|Fixed|71700000041074675|58700004918395909|92700042616569273&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxYLoBRCxARIsAEf16-sr3eocJfMWOh2vbat2EYztZkZbN23Op3CwaearV2gCqa3bA0_uyWsaAiCLEALw_wcB

Any pros and cons will help me. I really want a 1 tier system, but the price is quite nice.

By the way, I am a rookie brewer and have only been doing Extract kits thus far. Looking at this for all grain brewing

Thanks

Why do you want a 1-tier system?

IMG_0674.JPG

Here’s the pic

I know I’m late to the party but does any one else have more pictures of these? I’m contemplating purchasing one or making my own single tier..

Back