Kegtron Wireless Keg Monitor - Live on Kickstarter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegtron

Smart Keg Monitors
Reaction score
KegtronKickstarterNowLive.jpg

The Kegtron Wireless Keg Monitor is now live on Kickstarter.

Monitor one or many kegs from your phone. Works with both homebrew and commercial kegs. Created by homebrewers. :)

Good luck with this. If you're successful, consider retooling it to have a gas flow meter instead. Could be useful to monitor fermentations. And to that end, wire in a thermocouple for temperature monitoring, then you've got a winner.

Good luck with this. If you're successful, consider retooling it to have a gas flow meter instead. Could be useful to monitor fermentations. And to that end, wire in a thermocouple for temperature monitoring, then you've got a winner.
Thanks for the encouragement and input!

Regarding temperature measurement - are you most interested in measuring kegerator air temp, beer line temp or fermentor (thermowell) temps?

Fermenter temp. Could be by thermowell, or just fixed to the outside of a stainless steel fermenter.

Fermenter temp. Could be by thermowell, or just fixed to the outside of a stainless steel fermenter.
OK - so it sounds like you're looking to ferment and serve from the same kegerator/keezer?

I had asked this before but didn't get an answer, but are the beer tubing fittings changeable? Could they be replaced with John Guest fittings?
The stock fittings shipping at our KS launch will be SS barbs. We have not investigated John Guest fittings (a new request for us) as of yet. There have been a few requests for flare fittings.

I had asked this before but didn't get an answer, but are the beer tubing fittings changeable? Could they be replaced with John Guest fittings?

I asked about going to MFL fittings and believe I was told they were going to stay with the barbs for now.

Post above me typed faster...

For those still following this thread, a few updates:
  • We hit 190% of our Kickstarter funding goal! That means we'll be launching our production runs next month!
  • Kegerators.com just posted a hands-on review. Read about it here
Only about a week left in our KS campaign so check it out before time runs out.

Cheers!
Steve @ Kegtron

Back