Keggle or Regular pot questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milesvdustin

Reaction score
So I have a dilemna, or at least I am fighting my own brain. I have a 62 quart bayou classic pot, as well as a keg with the top cut out. I want to go electric (starting soon). I am also going to eventually incorporate a pump to be able to whirlpool. What type of diptube should I put in the keg to leave the least amount behind? I know I can just go straight down in the regular flat bottom pot and be good. Also, with installing a water heater element, I want to use a welding spud soldered on to either container. How high up do I have to mount the element to be able to still screw it in? I do mostly 5 gallon batches, not sure if I will have to mount it too high for this purpose. Last, will the element interfere with getting a good whirlpool going or is it not an issue? I will eventually be whirlpooling through a 25 foot 3/8" cfc, then drain into the fermenter once chilled. I guess I am just scared to start cutting up either one of my vessels and screw it up.

Back