Cloudy Wort!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambleon

Reaction score
I've run into a bit of a problem with my last two batches. It seems that no matter how long I recirculate my mash it will not clear up. This is very strange to me because I've never had this problem since I went all grain over a year ago. I'm particularly frustrated this time because the batch boiling right now is a Kolsch and I need it brilliantly clear.

My mash tun is a ten gallon cooler with a plastic false bottom and I recirculate by taking filling up a 2 quart Pyrex cup and gently pouring it over the mash. I do this until it's clear, which until these last two batches was about four times.

Any ideas?

I've run into a bit of a problem with my last two batches. It seems that no matter how long I recirculate my mash it will not clear up. This is very strange to me because I've never had this problem since I went all grain over a year ago. I'm particularly frustrated this time because the batch boiling right now is a Kolsch and I need it brilliantly clear.

My mash tun is a ten gallon cooler with a plastic false bottom and I recirculate by taking filling up a 2 quart Pyrex cup and gently pouring it over the mash. I do this until it's clear, which until these last two batches was about four times.

Any ideas?
Take an iodine test to make sure it converted fully before sparging?

Latest posts

Back