GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LGI... is a Brit?

Where you been?;)

Beavis and Butthead MIGHT be one that gives Ren & Stimpy a run for its money....

TEACHER :"Beavis! say something in Spanish or you fail for the year!"

Beavis:" Ummmmm....Taco?"

Teacher:"DAMMIT BEAVIS!!!If you do not say a complete sentence in spanish RIGHT NOW....you fail for the year!!!!"

Beavis: "Uhhhhhhmmmm.....Taco Supreme?"

;)

Where you been?;)

TEACHER :"Beavis! say something in Spanish or you fail for the year!"

Beavis:" Ummmmm....Taco?"

Teacher:"DAMMIT BEAVIS!!!If you do not say a complete sentence in spanish RIGHT NOW....you fail for the year!!!!"

Beavis: "Uhhhhhhmmmm.....Taco Supreme?"

;)

"The only spanish Beavis knows is what he learned at Taco Bell.. He cant even get that right!!"

Awesome episode. It was hilarious when they couldnt laugh in class.

One of my favorite episodes is the one called "Salt Peter". That one is classic

i watched The Union last night; it was pretty interesting.. i'm not a pot smoker, but i'm also not against it and it's funny to listen to what the US Gov't is willing to do to try and control it; as in my opinion there is worse legal sh*t out there.

A friend at work got me into Coupling, its a british sitcom, freaking hilarious. Also just started watching BBCs Sherlock, the show really sucks you in.

Ramseys Kitchen Nightmare is a good laugh. I can't watch more than one or two episodes of reality tv. Too repetitive for me, but it doesn't bleep out all the cussing Ramsey does unlike in the US version. Just finished the Killing Episodes, can't wait till the new season arrives. Also they need to add ALL The Venture Bros, Aqua Teen, etc. First season only bull****?

Yes, The Killing. It's based on a hugely popular Danish series, but has not been "Americanized" in the usual sense of the word. It has been adapted very well and retains a distinct identity of it's own. No car chases, cops yelling freeze! and all that stuff.
It focuses as much on the impact of a murder on the family and people involved as it does the crime itself. I couldn't guess who did it, and I thought the ending, in particular was truly remarkable.

A friend at work got me into Coupling, its a british sitcom, freaking hilarious. Also just started watching BBCs Sherlock, the show really sucks you in.

Coupling was very good until the last season when the Welsh guy left. It just wasn't the same without a sheep shagger. ;)

Ramseys Kitchen Nightmare is a good laugh.

That show gives me the occasional chuckle. This season they did a place in our town, the Mill St Bistro. They took 2 episodes on it because the owner was such an over the top wanker.

Anyways, there was me and wifey scanning the diners to see if we spotted anyone we knew.....Nope.....Nope.....Nope......Boom! The next door neigbor and her kids being interviewed!!...Oh how we laughed at them! .........Sigh, we need a life. :eek:

I watched God Bless America the other day and was plesantly surprised. Of course I do share the main characters hate for 'reality' pop culture.

That show gives me the occasional chuckle. This season they did a place in our town, the Mill St Bistro. They took 2 episodes on it because the owner was such an over the top wanker.

Anyways, there was me and wifey scanning the diners to see if we spotted anyone we knew.....Nope.....Nope.....Nope......Boom! The next door neigbor and her kids being interviewed!!...Oh how we laughed at them! .........Sigh, we need a life. :eek:

Are you talking about the US or British version? I cook myself and watching this (the British one) makes me go and clean the hell out of everything just in case Ramsey stops by hahaga.

SteveHeff said:
Is Jiro Dreams of Sushi still up on netflix? One of the better documentaries I have ever watched.

Yeah it's still up.

Just watched John Dies at the End - pretty hilarious!

I would've lost a lot of hope in the world if he had died. Also would cry myself to sleep most nights.

Day of the Falcon -- was actually pretty good and worth watching.

ParaNorman -- it's okay for kids, but some of the dialogue had me scratching my head like did they really just say that ie. "what cha watching" "just sex and violence".... and then the part about the older brother having a boyfriend..
my kids haven't even hit the birds and bees talk, let alone the gay talk i guess....idk, that seemed rather random for a kids movie..

ParaNorman -- it's okay for kids, but some of the dialogue had me scratching my head like did they really just say that ie. "what cha watching" "just sex and violence".... and then the part about the older brother having a boyfriend..
my kids haven't even hit the birds and bees talk, let alone the gay talk i guess....idk, that seemed rather random for a kids movie..

Kids catch more than you think. You just don't realize it until much, much too late.

Sorry for dashing your emotions. I take it back. I take it back.

Good. He is 85 but I'm not ready for that loss yet.

It's the same talk now. The Parent League consolidated it in 1988 after a split 5-6 vote in favor. Did you not get the updated manual?

Kids catch more than you think. You just don't realize it until much, much too late.

You got that right...

There could be an entire other thread called "LEAST annoying kids shows on Netflix STREAMING".

I would have said Phineas and Ferb, until my 3yo son watched the Rollercoaster: The Musical episode non-stop for at least a week.... Those songs are still rumbling through my head...

You got that right...

There could be an entire other thread called "LEAST annoying kids shows on Netflix STREAMING".

I would have said Phineas and Ferb, until my 3yo son watched the Rollercoaster: The Musical episode non-stop for at least a week.... Those songs are still rumbling through my head...

Beware what you wish for. Sometimes the cure is worse than the affliction. Try anthing by Barney, Sheri Lewis, Its a Small World Afterall, or any of the other addictive kids songs to clear it out. <--- DJ is not responsible for any of thses songs that get stuck in your head as a result.

On a side note, anyone noticed that Mary Had a Little Lamb, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and several other kids songs all have the same tune behind them? Eerie. And once you do notice it you can never un-notice it.

I still think Aladdin is the best kids movie.

On a side note, anyone noticed that Mary Had a Little Lamb, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and several other kids songs all have the same tune behind them? Eerie. And once you do notice it you can never un-notice it.

I still think Aladdin is the best kids movie.

Yup, alphabet song too.

And Aladdin is terrific. Hard to believe Disney let the original lyrics go to the box office of the opening song. How could they not think they'd piss no one off with something like "Where they cut off your ears if they don't like your face. It's barbaric, but hey, it's home!" :drunk:

I hate anything Disney for what they do to traditional stories, it's just wet.. When I grew up in England, Alladin was a pantomime (No, not a mime) It was live theatre where women played the male leads, men played the parts of the ugly women, they all told ribald jokes and sang dirty songs and all the children in the audience grew up without any lasting trauma.....It's not like I wear women's panties or anything now!!

I hate anything Disney for what they do to traditional stories, it's just wet.. When I grew up in England, Alladin was a pantomime (No, not a mime) It was live theatre where women played the male leads, men played the parts of the ugly women, they all told ribald jokes and sang dirty songs and all the children in the audience grew up without any lasting trauma.....It's not like I wear women's panties or anything now!!

Quitter!

Aladdin.....wait....is Aladdin on netflix?

I was gonna prattle off a bunch of other good disney/pixar, but that would range OT a good bit.

Sorry, but I know lots of people like to skim this thread just to get ideas of what's on.

Seeing a bunch of titles that aren't streaming muddies the water a bit.

no, sorry just got off on a tangent with the kids movies thing. I head they got a bunch of the disney movies though so maybe. Will check tonight.

Back