I didn't dramatize my blow off tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suckmyBEER

Reaction score
I checked my beer and had seen the wort in the air lock. I knew I need a blow off tube but got nervous and just slapped on the tube with out sanatizing it . It was the same tube that I used for my auto siphon a week earlier and was cleaned very well. Should I take it off and sanitize or Is damage already done?

I figure pulling it off and sanitizing it pretty quick couldnt hurt anything. Sounds like you have a strong fermentation going so I'm sure the good yeasts have quite a head start on any unwanted buggers. Relax... Eat a candy bar or something.:fro:

I would sanitize it.

Spray some Star San around the opening while you're at it. That's what I do as a precaution whenever I'm messing with the airlock.

I'd say go ahead and sanitize it. Most likely, you're fine though. In the future just be careful with sanitizing in the future. Choice is yours.

I think you'll be fine, but your beer will be slightly less dramatic.

Back