Hibachi grilling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Throw anotha' shrimp on the barbie!
Man I love grilling on this thing

image.jpg

I got one of those. Great to take camping too. Those cast iron grates really sear meat so much better than any other grill I've used. The only problem is they rust like a SOAB.

U.S.D.A PRIME Ribeye. What a rare treat. They developed a crust that was crunchy and oozing with fresh cracked pepper, sea salt & garlic. Inside was a perfect medium rare with rendered fat coating the tongue. Spendy steaks but well worth it.

DSC_0257.jpg

Does this count?

IMG_1790.jpg

I rescued and restored my dad's pseudo-kamado (he always called it a hibachi). It can function very much like one; however, it also works beautifully as a low-slow cooker/smoker.

I've seen those before. Looks like it has been well cared for and I bet they are hard to find. Looks sweet! Do you grill on it much?

I've seen those before. Looks like it has been well cared for and I bet they are hard to find. Looks sweet! Do you grill on it much?

It is absolutely awesome and super easy to use. I always take it camping -- as did my father when I was young. Great memories! And dad got a huge kick out of me restoring it! Of course, I served him the the first meal after I was done.

Now that SWMBO and I are empty-nesters, I use it more. It's pretty small, so I really can't use it when cooking for more than 3 people.

Latest posts

Back