only 1 keg over carbed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterClean

Reaction score
So I have 3 kegs ona distributor block. 2 of them are fine, but one (an ale) is pushing a ton of foam. The stout and hefe are just fine.

Im serving at 12psi with 5ft lines. The stout keg hss bern on the longest(3-4 weeks), and is nearly tapped, the ale not as long(2-3 weeks) and the hefe is the newest at 1 week.

My beers are also having kind of a goldilocks head. The hefe is not enough, the ale is too much, and thr stout is just right.

I went ahead and raised thr keezer temp from 39 to 42, turned the reg down to 10psi and bled off some excess from the ale and stout. Anything else I should do, othrr than extending the ale line? I do have more beer line on order.

Slow force carbed. I set the reg then hooked the gas up. And set them in the freezer. After a couple of days I give them a little shake to make sure the gas is distributed, after that I leave them alone.

For a while the ale was good, only today its too foamy

It could maybe be an issue with the faucet not opening fully. It it just partially opens, it will cause excess foam for sure. What faucets are you using? Another (remote) possibility is a bit of hop gunk or something clogging the liquid-side tappet.

Also, I started off shaking during carbonation, but stopped after I found that it stirred up the bit of gunk that had settled out to the bottom making the beer less clear.

I have perlick 525ss faucets. It's the wierdest thing though, its pouring fine now. I guess maybe just something eith thr first few pours of the day?

Back