WLP645 Brett C.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullenium

Reaction score
took a good 24 hours after pitching to see any airlock activity, and after about 2 days airlock activity started to really rumble at 2-3sec between bubbles..

the krausen only got to about 3/4th to 1 inch and is already starting to break down and fall with airlock activity slowing down.. its only been a total of 6 days since yeast has been pitched.

Is this normal for this yeast?

This is only my second batch of brew and first time with brett.

ambient temp at first was around 64-66 in a closet, then moved to a spot next to a heater vent with 68-72 ambient temp (right after moved to warmer location is when the airlock started to really go off)

I also have 2 hoodies on the carboy to keep it warm.

I havent taken a hydro reading yet.

OG was 1.074 and I pitched using a half gallon starter that was sitting at 68deg for 24 hours with intermittent shaking. Maybe I didnt pitch enough cells?

alright, so i took a hydro reading.. 1.058 - 1.060 (didnt have time to wait for the foam to die down)

is a decrease by .014-ish normal for about 1 week?

I gave the carboy a few twists back and forth (its on carpet) kinda like it was doing a dancing with the stars move (without sloshing the beer around) just to kinda aggrivate the yeast a bit and immediately it started bubbling up crazy again

Back