Keezer Q: pass through bulkhead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domdom

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm working on plans to build a keezer. planning to have to CO2 on the outside to allow more kegs. i was planning to put in a bulkhead/pass through shank like this one with a tailpiece on each end:
https://www.morebeer.com/products/3-pass-shank.html

i wanted to check if anyone knew a cheaper place to get one and if there was any specific size in terms of the center hole i need to check for to allow enough CO2 through. thanks in advance.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. I cheaped out building my kegerator and simply filled a hole the same size as the gas line and just pushed that through the hole instead of putting a bulkhead in.

Is this for your CO2 tank? I personally just drilled a hole the size of the gas line like GilSwillBasementBrews and just passed it through the bulkhead. To me it was a much tighter fit than the pass through shank, but then I use 5/16" ID and 9/16" OD gas lines. I would assume the hole on the shank is a 1/4" even though you can add whatever tailpiece you need, whether it is 1/4" or 5/16" from More Beer. I just have a worm drive screw clamp that attaches to my distributor from my CO2 tank. Besides gas hose it cheap, something like .59 cents per foot.

Even for the shanks for my faucets they suggested a 1" hole, but found that a 7/8" hole was a much tighter fit and left no slope in the hole.

I used ^that^ long bulkhead on my two fridges and used the short "panel" version on my keezer lid.

I put ball lock gas posts on them.

keezer_gas_mod_01.jpg

keezer_gas_mod_04.jpg

No need for a 7/8"d beer shank in this application...

Cheers!

Back