Just saying hello from Northeast CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapoltba

Reaction score
Hi all, i'll probably lurk for a while but I figured I would introduce myself.

I'm in Northeast CT but i'm originally from upstate NY. Graduated college 2 years ago and i'm working as a Manufacturing Engineer. I started out as a machinist before college, so if any of you have any projects that need milling or lathe work send me a message. :mug:

I had been wanting to start brewing beer for a long time, and I just took the plunge this past weekend. My buddy in college did it for several years and had some awesome beers. Since then I have always wanted my own. I typically like to drink micro-brews and other regional beers, but the $10-$14/6 pack was getting old. Eventually I would like to be able to make my own high quality beer.

My first 6 gallon batch of Double Oatmeal stout is in the fermenter now bubbling away. I started simple with a no-boil kit to prove to myself that I could do it. Once I am successfully brewing I would like to move toward partial mash, and long term I would love to have a setup to do full mash.

I've already learned a lot looking around the forums and look forward to learning much more.

Excellent! It's nice to have someone local I can pester if I need some help. I pass by every day on my way to work in Bloomfield.

Sweet! I pass by Bloomfield every day on my way to work. I'm not the most experienced but If you have any questions or need help feel free to reach out!

Back