Just bottled an IPA that was in fermentor for 2.5 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5/26 update: This past Saturday, the beer hit the 4 week mark in the bottle. Guys, it is disgusting. Carbonation has not improved, the off-flavors seem worse (maybe for the initial tasting my enthusiasm masked this, as I wrote off the bad taste to being flat). There's **** floating around in it, it's just bad. I hate to say it but it will probably be dumped.

We salute your sacrifice good sir. :rockin:

The night of the living thread

zombie_thread_210.jpg

Alright. This beer has been sitting in me basement all summer. I'm watching Iron Maiden in glorious hi-def and decided to crack open a bottle. It's been several months now.

Popped the cap. Beautiful hiss! Poured into a glass. A nice, thin head forms and a decent aroma comes up. It has carbed up, much more so than several months ago. Has this beer been saved by our yeastly friends? I took a drink.

No.

This beer sucks. LOL.

It is so bad, that Natty Light would be the best IPA ever if the 900 Day IPA is your frame of reference. This beer is so bad, alcoholics turn it down in favor of a 12 step program. This beer is so terrible, that you may stop drinking while watching Iron Maiden in glorious high definition.

It's bad. Reeeeeeal bad.

Back