ISO: Bourbon County. FT: chicago area (rev, pipeworks, 3f, etc)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pluchar said:
Anyone willing to part with some bourbon county for some Chicago brews?

Bourbon County comes out on Black Friday this year, so check the local Binny's and maybe even the GI brewpub if you can get there.

JMolek said:
Bourbon County comes out on Black Friday this year, so check the local Binny's and maybe even the GI brewpub if you can get there.

Yea I got on a few lists. I was really looking for past years. Guess I should have put that in the title. Thanks though!

pluchar said:
Yea I got on a few lists. I was really looking for past years. Guess I should have put that in the title. Thanks though!

I have 28 bottles of 2012 bcs and I'll have 16 of this years coconut bcs, 16 barleywine bcs, and 16 backyard rye bcs.

chadkarol said:
I have 28 bottles of 2012 bcs and I'll have 16 of this years coconut bcs, 16 barleywine bcs, and 16 backyard rye bcs.

So what you are saying is you want to send a few my way?

I am the south side of Chicago. Tinley park. But I would be open to trades, absolutely.

Actually, change in plans. I should have it all tomorrow. I'll have 16 12-oz bottles of bcs coffee, 16 12-oz bottles of barleywine bcs and 8 22-oz bottles of backyard bcs. The backyard is expensive (even at wholesale prices I'm getting these for) and I'm told is going to probably be the one that will be most difficult to find and probably more limited than the rest, so I may want to keep them all, but willing to listen to interesting trades for sours, lambics, etc. plus I'll also have a half case of Gillian, which I love love love! And two kegs of 25th anniversary goose island.

chadkarol said:
Actually, change in plans. I should have it all tomorrow. I'll have 16 12-oz bottles of bcs coffee, 16 12-oz bottles of barleywine bcs and 8 22-oz bottles of backyard bcs. The backyard is expensive (even at wholesale prices I'm getting these for) and I'm told is going to probably be the one that will be most difficult to find and probably more limited than the rest, so I may want to keep them all, but willing to listen to interesting trades for sours, lambics, etc. plus I'll also have a half case of Gillian, which I love love love! And two kegs of 25th anniversary goose island.

Like limited release big stouts, sours, and/or Cantillons?

Do you run a bottle shop, or is that your personal cellar? I only asked because I see you have 41 bottles of matilda, haha.

Do you run a bottle shop, or is that your personal cellar? I only asked because I see you have 41 bottles of matilda, haha.

This is my personal cellar. A relative of mine manages a distribution facility, which distributes Miller products, along with a bunch others. I have my choosing of anything he has, which is usually Goose Island products. I usually get them at distributor cost. Sometimes he has broken packages he has at no charge (which is usually Matilda and Sofie). This most recent trip to his place though cost me a nice little fortune. 16 12-oz bottles of BCS coffee, 16 12-oz bottles of BCS barleywine, 8 22-oz bottles of BCS backyard rye, 2 sixth barrels of 25th Anniversary Goose Island, 6 765ml bottles of Gillian, some misc Widmer Brothers, some Stella Cidre for the wife, and a few other odds and ends.

chadkarol said:
This is my personal cellar. A relative of mine manages a distribution facility, which distributes Miller products, along with a bunch others. I have my choosing of anything he has, which is usually Goose Island products. I usually get them at distributor cost. Sometimes he has broken packages he has at no charge (which is usually Matilda and Sofie). This most recent trip to his place though cost me a nice little fortune. 16 12-oz bottles of BCS coffee, 16 12-oz bottles of BCS barleywine, 8 22-oz bottles of BCS backyard rye, 2 sixth barrels of 25th Anniversary Goose Island, 6 765ml bottles of Gillian, some misc Widmer Brothers, some Stella Cidre for the wife, and a few other odds and ends.

Well hey there buddy, I hear your pretty cool. Want to be friends? Haha

Well hey there buddy, I hear your pretty cool. Want to be friends? Haha

Sure! Haha. I'd be interested in trades, but I'm not all that interested in shipping beer. If anyone is in the northern suburbs of Chicago though and would ever want to meet somewhere to do a swap. . . . . . .

chadkarol said:
Sure! Haha. I'd be interested in trades, but I'm not all that interested in shipping beer. If anyone is in the northern suburbs of Chicago though and would ever want to meet somewhere to do a swap. . . . . . .

Any sours in particular to keep an eye out for? And are you interested in cash either?

If im not mistaken...wont coconut rye be the most limited? Backyard rye hits all distribution that standard bcbs does. The coconut is chicago distribution only...

TheMan said:
If im not mistaken...wont coconut rye be the most limited? Backyard rye hits all distribution that standard bcbs does. The coconut is chicago distribution only...

I think you're right. The distribution facility got a lot more coconut than backyard rye but I realize now its because we're in Chicago. I'm getting a couple bottles of coconut but that's it.

Back