ISO: Authentic English Bitters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bferullo

Reaction score
I am looking to get some good examples of English Bitters. They are hard to come by in the US. For example, I can get most Fuller's ales but not the Bitter. Willing to arrange a trade or even, pay for shipping from the UK (pending costs). Figured I would take a shot and reach out to the HBT community.

Unfortunately there are not many imported bitters, our pales are to there bitters and for some reason neither side wants to import the other.
If your looking for truly authentic bitters I would try and find some sort of online retailer, but even them you might be paying a premium for shipping.

Also not sure if you can get any on this list but heres the "Top rated" "American styled" english bitters
http://beeradvocate.com/lists/style/98

You'll likely find that they don't ship well. I'm English now living in the US, I spent a time trying to find a decent source of bitter over here. So far everything I've found has gone off by the time it gets here.

Back