Is there a Clone Recipe database?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnr

Up your IBU!
Reaction score
Especially for extract brewing?
I've found a bunch of recipes, but they're for beers I've never had.
Not sure I'd want to even clone Zombie Dust because I wouldn't be able to tell if I succeeded.

I would like to clone Focal Banger or Heady Topper. But there so many beers out there.

Thanks.

Yeah sure, there is a great book (and FREE!) called google.com

Search up a clone recipe you are interested in, and just in case it is an AG recipe, do your homework and learn how to compromise convert it to extract.

Brewing with extracts is a compensatory method for those who are unequipped to conduct a proper controlled mash. You can approximate virtually any beer with relative accuracy, but to truly clone one you need to be able to replicate the mash process (and fermentation, etc.) with some degree of precision. Not to say there is anything wrong at all with extract brewing, but there are some limitations.

Last edited:
Okay. Cool. I was interested in a database in case there were beers I wouldn't have thought of. Most the market here is saturated by local beers from local breweries or macro brews that I wouldn't care to replicate. New England has a lot of breweries.
But hey, thanks so much for that insight. I never would have thought to use Goggle.

I would like to clone Focal Banger or Heady Topper.

The BYO Big Book of Clone Recipes has both. Plus 298 other clone recipe. It's likely that the recipes are also available in the BYO digital subscription.

I was interested in a database in case there were beers I wouldn't have thought of.
Let me know if you're interested in additional resources. I tend to take notes while I'm reading. Much easier to find useful things when searching a curated set of notes ;) .

Last edited:
Brew dog brewery also has all of their recipes in a DIY cookbook style for free online. There's nearly 500 recipes there. Google it and you can find it.

Latest posts

Back