Is it possible to die from drinking beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can drink beer all day and be fine I blew a 6.2 and was fine I'm a recovering alcoholic in my day I would often blow a .5

Anyone besides me ever try the 100 beer weekend?

No, but back in college we used to do Century Club. One shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes.

I did the math and with a 1.5oz shot glass, assuming with foam and pouring errors you only imbibed 1.25oz per minute, it works out to about 10 beers in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

It was a good way to start a Saturday. After that you could basically just nurse beers the rest of the day to "maintain"...

Granted we were drinking Miller Lite or Keystone Light back in those days.

When I was in college a guy on our floor died after a night of drinking. Officially I believe he asphyxiated on vomit after passing out. Purportedly just beer.

WIth Beer you would throw up and pass out long before alcohol poisoning. Only way I can imagine doing that would to purposefully buy a high alcohol easy drinking beer like a Belgium Triple and down them one after another.
In normal circumstances you will get sick on beer and vomit it up long before dying

"Is it possible to drink your self to death on beer?? "

Yes. If her husband checks the fridge and she's not a beer drinker.

Latest posts

Back