• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut Craigslist find on starter equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnK93

Reaction score
Hey,
Found this deal on craigslist in Stamford CT. Looks like a really good deal...$35 for a glass carboy and looks to be a 5 gallon kettle, along with a bunch of tubing, capper, etc. I'm tempted to pick it up myself just to have a spare, but I really want a larger kettle and really shouldn't. Good find for somebody looking to get started...wants it gone today though. I paid over $100 for a similar starter set (plus a fermenting bucket).

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/app/3804207743.html

-John

Yeah, I had to pass. I'm trying to step up from the starter kit I have, but I always wonder how long I have until my capper breaks in the middle of bottling day!

I would pay about $10 for that and pass on the glass carboy - too heavy and dangerous for me!

Edit: then again, if you have nothing it is not a bad price. I would still pass on the carboy though.

Back