$45 Sanke Kegs @ Widmer (OR/WA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgalati

Reaction score
Just picked up 3 Sanke kegs from Widmer's distribution center on Russel St for $45 a pop. Decommissioned. I figure with the money I'd save by looking on craigslist and then gas money to meet the guy, this is a damn good deal.

That is a great deal!

I don't know what's up with craigslist lately... I've seen Sanke's for anywhere from $60 to $200 lately.
The one that was list for $200 I emailed and asked if it was full for that price... never got a reply.
They usually say something lame, like "use this as a deposit", not realizing that the deposit is usually only $45 or so. Sheesh.

Thats where i got mine as well.
Call the retail store there and ask to be put on the list.
Sometimes they have them in stock and sometimes you have to wait a bit :mug:

Full sail was/is selling them for $40 a pop in hood river. Decomissioned and includes paperwork to prove it. Apparently it costs less to buy new ones than refurbish old ones (parts + labor).

Too bad you can't find cornys in this price range :(

Full sail was/is selling them for $40 a pop in hood river. Decomissioned and includes paperwork to prove it. Apparently it costs less to buy new ones than refurbish old ones (parts + labor).

Too bad you can't find cornys in this price range :(

Too bad it wasn't full... Full Sail is one of my favorite breweries!

Agreed :tank:

Full sail is good - free full sail would have been even better!

Buying directly from the brewery is also good for piece of mind. You can sleep at night knowing that you did not buy a stolen keg if that sort of thing bothers you.

Buying directly from the brewery is also good for piece of mind. You can sleep at night knowing that you did not buy a stolen keg if that sort of thing bothers you.

I was actually surprised. I cold called for used kegs and basically assumed that it would be some sort of "backdoor" keg sail. Made a difference when I showed up and they had sale paperwork already prepared. Clearly it does matter to them when kegs are stolen. . .

I don't feel bad, I paid the deposit, I didn't lift them off their dock. If companies like MicroStar aren't at least breaking even then they should require a higher deposit.

Back