Intertap Faucet Locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastbaybrewer

Reaction score
I'm looking for beer faucet locks that will work with intertap faucets. Any information would be much appreciated.

That's a bummer. Why don't they make universal faucet locks? I'd make my own. I've always thought they were way too expensive, anyway.

That's a bummer. Why don't they make universal faucet locks? I'd make my own. I've always thought they were way too expensive, anyway.
Yeah, in retrospect... I paid, I think, north of $50 apiece for the Perlick lock, and really you could improvise one from a U bolt. Especially if you don't actually need a keyed lock, as may be required in a commercial setting, but just a way of securing a tap from accidental opening when not in service (I just didn't want the cat to inadvertently drain a keg on the floor jumping on the keezer.)

[I blew the money on the Perlick locks when I had Intertap faucets. That was a real bummer when I found they wouldn't fit. Eventually I sort of recouped when I switched to Perlick. Universal would be nice.]

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is wanting to go this route, but instead of buying or making tap locks for my intertap faucets, I'm going with the duo tight check valves ($3 each) which work with my evabarrier gas line tubing. https://www.morebeer.com/products/duotight-pushin-fitting-8-mm-516-ball-valve.html So now Im just going to need to configure a way to lock my keezer top to the collar which will be much easier than trying to physically lock the taps.

FYI my keezer is In my garage, so will lock the lid to deter unwanted neighborhood kids who are 14-18yrs old lol.

Given the collar, a decorative padlock hasp should be easy enough to implement.

Just a fine point, but in the context of dispensing systems, that is simply a "valve", while a "check valve" is a device used to prevent liquids from backing up a gas line...

Cheers!

Yup agreed! I’m sure someone will eventually put out intertap compatible locks and prob charge $35-50 each! Lol but for my needs and situation I’m going with the internal duotight ball shut off valve (not check valve- thanks for clarifying @day_trippr!) for a whopping $18 for 6 taps at $3 each and going to configure a two hinged clasp to lock the keezer lid to the collar shut. So even if I spend $20-30 for a nice hasp, it’ll still be about $40 to shut off operation for all 6 taps.

Still nothing to lock Intertap faucets?

You would think, with the search history for that, instead of only making a "new improved" version of a competitor's product, KL might have also made a lock to fit them.

Latest posts

Back