Outstanding Floral Bouquet Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tippsy-Turvy

Reaction score
Went out for drinks last night with friends from out of town and we ordered for the first time a Spanish wheat beer called Estrella Inedit.

My goodness it was just fantastic - exceedingly smooth with subtle bitterness, a creamy wheat flavor with an abundant citrusy taste but without the excessive honey/sweetness of other wheatbeers.

However (yes I have a question), the most notable element of the beer was this extraordinary floral aroma that just filled the mouth and nose and hypnotised the mind into thinking of summer fields.

So, has anyone actually experimented with introducing floral adjuncts into their beers and what was your experience? I've search the forum and found plenty of discussion on the theory but I'd love to hear from someone who's practised it. What did you use, how much and how did it work out?

Muchas gracias!

Have to verify is was flowers and not hops. Some hops give you floral aroma. I think Amarillo is very floral, but I don't know if the rest of the Internet would agree.

A lot of English hops can be thought of as floral, and a good English Pale Ale or IPA should give you a similar experience. I'm not sure where you're located, but here in MA Ipswich Ale is a fantastic EPA that tastes very floral indeed.

Back