Alabama Homebrew Legislation 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everytime someone requests something absurd I expect the clerk to sigh, hesitate, change his tone, or yell... something. Dude is ice cold.

I would have to be heavily medicated to deal with this circus in person. It's hard enough watching it online.

Yeah, the clerk is a pretty cool fellow. I spoke with him in the elevator down there one day. His tone and inflection was the same as you hear now. Like a stone!

If they do the 10 minute rule today, every bill on the SOC will be carried over.

The house uses "the machine" but for some reason, the senate doesn't.

They can go in any order they really want, so the standard doesn't have to be followed. They did some jumping around right after the recess, so I'm not sure what they have and have not covered.

As the house clerk Mr. Woodard would say

"The clerk will unlock the machine, the members will vote."

It goes much faster!

It was a great move by Mac, but too late into the log jam of the last 2 days of session.

Waste half the day reading full titles and tabling every single motion. Now take another hour recess.

Would have been better had we not even had a spot on the calendar. At spot #1, I got my hopes up like an idiot.

Would have been better had we not even had a spot on the calendar. At spot #1, I got my hopes up like an idiot.

Same. I had come to peace that it wasn't going to happen this year, until earlier today.

Any chance that anything other than the budget be on the new SOC?

Would you uproot your family, move away from friends, sell your home, find a new job, etc for homebrewing?

I keep trying to talk my wife into moving to Switzerland or Iceland because of certain happenings in the U.S. Homebrewing, not so much.

That's why it was a joke. :)

Tensions are very high in here today. We thought we were "this" close to getting this bill brought to the floor, just to have it pushed to the side again. People aren't ready for jokes about it.

For example: My life is changing this year. I am getting married and moving in with SWMBO. I can take the risk if it is just me, but I am not going to do so with someone else's liberties. Thus if this doesn't pass, I CAN'T BREW. Not ready to joke about that.

This is a bad day for jokes. Alabamians I am sure are not in a joking mood after the senates performance.

Truth. And I've got no homebrew ready for drinking at the moment, either. :mad: Pipeline fail. Again.

Might have to pop the cork on a bitter, cloudy mead or something. Or just break out the Jack, say screw it. :rockin:

-Rich

I can take the risk if it is just me, but I am not going to do so with someone else's liberties. Thus if this doesn't pass, I CAN'T BREW. Not ready to joke about that.

Dude, that seriously sucks. Kudos for the moral position, but yuck.

Well, at least there are two more days in the session.

-Rich

So does this mean it is over for this year? Man I was hoping that when I came back there would be some happy folks on this thread :mad:

Sorry guys.

Varmintman said:
So does this mean it is over for this year? Man I was hoping that when I came back there would be some happy folks on this thread :mad:

Sorry guys.

2 more legislative days. There are always lots of bills piled into the last few days which reduces the chances of the homebrew bill getting time for consideration.

Sorry guys.

2 more legislative days remain. No way to tell if we get a chance again on one of those days.

I think I'll celebrate our Senators hard work today with a quick 15 minute extract brew while they are listening to the budget bill being read in it's entirety.
You guys need to chill some - these bozos shouldn't wear on you like that. They do this every day of every session. It ain't like real work.
They'll get to it sooner or later.

I actually am thinking about moving in a few years, but not for homebrew reasons.

I am pissed off about today's senate circus. Then again, this kind of thing has been happening for years, so it comes with no surprise.

I hope we get another chance at it, and I hope that people realize how ridiculous our legislature is and vote accordingly.

Back