Inlet and outlet orientation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and purchased 50' of 1/2 tubing. It sucked, but so was spending 30-40 minutes with my smaller chiller waiting on the wort to cool.

Because I use a hop spider, I did not want to fool with the ribcage or double coil design. Partially because they looked like a PITA to make.

Never the less, beside something which points the tubes toward the pot in case of a leak, is there any preferred orientation to the hookups? Better to go out and down, 90 degrees then down, 45 yadda, yadda you get my point? I have about 2 feet of tubing left to use.

Mainly I'll be using this in the 15 gallon pot which is pictured, but I thought I would make it tall enough to sit inside a 30gallon pot in case I ever got stupid and wanted to do something that big. Doubtful, but easier to plan here than not be able to use in the future.

So, how would you guys set this up?

i-PRRTsRX-L.jpg

i-kQkPtw9-L.jpg

i-zT34GTH-L.jpg

i-5n6NzxC-L.jpg

i-cRZR9mH-L.jpg

i-vqBsWKf-L.jpg

i-VmXkCzc-L.jpg

I'll put the heat to this stuff later after I get some sleep. Been a long, wet shift.

Later guys,

Ken

Back