Need a few rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splash1

Reaction score
I planted cascade, centennial, and columbus rhizomes this year. The cascade and centennial were doing great, but something broke the bine of the cascade, and it's toast. The columbus never came up. Centennial is doing great though! I'd like to find 1 or 2 cascade rhizomes or even starts, columbus, and something else (anything really).
Arrowhead hops is out, as well as several other sources. Anyone know of a source this late in the season?
Thanks,
Mark

I bought a few from my local HBS proprietor, who raises his own. For the right price he/she may even dig a few up for you.
Try a want ad on local Craigslist.

My understanding is if the bine broke, it was maybe what they call a "bull vine", one of the earlier shoots that come up, and tend to be mostly hollow. Should be able to cut it back to the ground, and it might take a while, but should get new growth on it. Also, would check with Rising Sun farms on here. Got Cascade, Willamette, Chinook and Magnum from them this year.

We do have a few Cascade rhizomes remaining. $3 ea + $3 shipping and I'll give you a few extra

If you or someone you know are coming through Tupelo Ms, [between Memphis and Birmingham], give me a call and I'll give you some. You can go to Mississippi regional forum and see pictures of rooted cuttings on growing hops in Mississippi post. They wave grown some sinse last photo of cuttings. ---Mark F.---

I planted cascade, centennial, and columbus rhizomes this year. The cascade and centennial were doing great, but something broke the bine of the cascade, and it's toast. The columbus never came up. Centennial is doing great though! I'd like to find 1 or 2 cascade rhizomes or even starts, columbus, and something else (anything really).
Arrowhead hops is out, as well as several other sources. Anyone know of a source this late in the season?
Thanks,
Mark

I planted a cascade and a willamett, The willamett has grown to 8' and the cascade grew to about 8" and somehow broke, I cut the broken part off and a new shoot started, but it is only at 6" at best not doing well at all!

:confused:

Latest posts

Back