Does this look like bacteria/infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reuliss

Reaction score
image-2693406778.jpg

duboman said:
Looks like a port hole view of Nebraska at night from space:D

.....looks normal to me

Ha! Yeah. Kinda hard to get a pic through the opening of the better bottle. They are sphere shaped specs floating on the top of my beer. Looks weird. Fermentation is complete. Never brewed a stout before, though. Maybe it's normal proteins and stiff and I'm just noticing because of the contrast in color?

reuliss said:
Ha! Yeah. Kinda hard to get a pic through the opening of the better bottle. They are sphere shaped specs floating on the top of my beer. Looks weird. Fermentation is complete. Never brewed a stout before, though. Maybe it's normal proteins and stiff and I'm just noticing because of the contrast in color?

Probably,
If it looks,tastes and smells like beer it's fine

I brewed my first stout a few months ago and noticed the same thing. I thought it was the beginning of an infection but it turned out to be hop seeds that made its way to the surface.

Geoff81 said:
I brewed my first stout a few months ago and noticed the same thing. I thought it was the beginning of an infection but it turned out to be hop seeds that made its way to the surface.

Yes, that makes sense! I used whole hops this time around. Thanks for feedback, everyone!

Back