I'm having trouble kegging my soda...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtrippie

Reaction score
So I'm trying to keg my soda and am failing miserably. I'm using the common "rainbow" brand concentrates and instructions from the 22 year old at the home brew store. I'm combining concentrate, about 7 cups of dissolved sugar, and 4 gallons of water into my keg and hooking it directly to the CO2 at that point. I've tried to force carbonate, I've tried to shake and roll the keg, and pretty much am coming up with nothing.

The home brew store is still saying it should work without any other steps. I've got a double kegorator and the beer side is working just great. I've triple checked the lines for leaks and I know C02 is getting into the Keg. Any advise would be appreciated. I'm hoping its something as simple as the 22 year old telling me instructions is a complete idiot. Thanks in advance!

what pressure do you have the CO2 set at?

what temperature is the soda you are trying to carbonate?

For soda to seem carbed correctly, you need to use a much higher psi (and longer lines) than for beer. 30 psi at 39 degrees, for at least a week, would work for soda.

I made soda at the spur of the moment once for my kids, I added the extract, sugar, and water, chilled overnight....hooked up the co2 at 40psi and shook the keg for 10 minutes and it was instantly carbed

Latest posts

Back