Blichmann Top Tier burner arm mount clone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SligoDrinkingClub

Reaction score
So I decided to do a little project and reproduce a top tier style stand without paying the huge cost. My plan is to use something like the basement support columns you can buy at a home improvement store, along with angle iron from scrap and caster wheels bought on eBay. The rest of the components are made by Blichmann.

I own two propane burners from Blichmann, and they are incredible. So, in an attempt to mount my burners to my rig I decided to use the same mounting arms but to make them myself. I've tried to buy the arms but they are only sold as a package with the Top Tier. There's also a burner install kit I purchased online to complete the project; http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Top-Tier-Burner-Install-Kit.html. This includes a cross member support to stiffen the arms.

Below are the plans of measurements taken from the burner arm of a friend who owns a stand. This could be a pain for those who don't have access to a laser cutter and a brake press. Good luck, hopefully this will help someone doing the same project.

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 2.jpg

How wide/far apart are the mounting arms at where they mount to your rig? I'm trying something similar, but mounting to 2'' square stock. What ga. metal did you use?

I used 1/16 thick stainless sheet metal and copied the original completely. The center mast I used is the same as their extruded aluminum, 3.5 square.

Back