Thank you Veterans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaksnbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A toast and heartfelt thank you to all of our military and their families current and retired

image-3350185155.jpg
And a prayer for the fallen

Toasting the mid day raising of the flag is honorable, a amazing picture I might add. I must say let us not forget he half staff flag before noon which we are memorializing.

I agree. Thank you to all who have made the ultimate sacrifice. And to those who serve.

I think some here are mistaking veterans day for memorial day. Memorial day is to celebrate and remember those service men that have made the ultimate sacrifice and have passed in war. Where as Veterans day is to celebrate all veterans who have served and those that currently serve.

Semper Fi!

Had a very wet, rainy ride to Seattle to accompany a friend of mine. One of his soldiers' was killed in AFG last year and was added to the WA State memorial wall today. I'm glad I rode there with him.

Benaroyal hall memorial day.jpg

I agree today is a day to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, not just veterans. To me today is spent remember those who I had the honor to serve with, even deployed with. Joe Houston and the Crew of Bullet 10, I will never forget you.

image-4119580936.jpg

image-1159048316.jpg

Cheers to all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that our nation and many other nations could remain free.

I think some here are mistaking veterans day for memorial day. Memorial day is to celebrate and remember those service men that have made the ultimate sacrifice and have passed in war. Where as Veterans day is to celebrate all veterans who have served and those that currently serve.

Semper Fi!

I understand the difference, but as I can only thank those in prayer. I thank any soldier or vet in person as this is a very hard time for those who have lost loved ones. My FIL worked on a boat transporting wounded, he speaks little a cry's quite a bit.

Nunner I am grateful for you and those you served with.

Thank You.

Daryl

My FIL worked on a boat transporting wounded, he speaks little a cry's quite a bit.

I can say from personnel experience working at a MEDIVAC squadron in Kuwait and Iraq that he had one of the most heart wrenching and rewarding tours some couldn't even imagine.

Thanks to those here that have/are serving. It's a honor to come from a family full of servicemen even though I'm not one myself. Cheers!

Remembering my father and uncle whom we lost this past year, both Navy medics attached to the 2nd and 1st Marines respectively in WWII, an uncle who was with the Army in the Pacific in WWII, and another uncle who was in the US Army Air Forces, killed in action in the pacific in WWII, and my great-great grandfather, who served with the 19th Tennessee Cavalry, CSA, killed in action at Thompson's Station.

Edit: Just discovered through cemetery records that Joseph Grandinetti was killed in action during the battle of Luzon, it is unclear precisely where, but most likely Fort Drum.

50e72a6e-eccf-4cfc-b51e-4029ab28791a.jpg

8212991_1072648972.jpg

As a currently serving Active Duty Officer, I thank you all for your patriotism remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. On behalf of all the brothers I and my fellow service men have lost, I thank you! Freedom is not free. It's paid for with blood freely shed. Thanks again to all!

As a currently serving Active Duty Officer, I thank you all for your patriotism remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. On behalf of all the brothers I and my fellow service men have lost, I thank you! Freedom is not free. It's paid for with blood freely shed. Thanks again to all!

Thank you for your service and may you and all of our servicemen be safe.

God bless

Daryl

It's a good day to remember those who have passed -and the living- who have served. Veterans Day is just a bonus.
Here's to 1st Lieutenant John Avelis, USMCR, PBJ pilot of VMB-413, and the seven aircrew of the squadron who did not return from the South Pacific. Thanks, Dad, and to all who served- and still do.

marine.jpg

I would like to say thank you to all of the family and friends of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. While I am eternally grateful for those who gave their lives so we could be free, they are no longer with us. But, their family and friends sacrificed as well. They have the pain of loss and we need to recognize what they are going through for our freedom. I remember while he was still with us my grandfather talking about when he served in the Navy in WWII. All of his brothers joined with him. He was the only one to survive the war. I believe that deep down he felt guilty for that.

Back