Vienna Lager Which Competetion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlangfo5

Reaction score
Hey guys! I brewed a Vienna Lager with a friend at his set-up the other day, and it's part of a local brew club "challenge" to see who can brew the best Vienna or Oktoberfest, less formal than a competition, more for sharing knowledge.

We plan on having it ready to drink by the end of July, and I am looking for a good competition to enter it in into. Does anyone have any suggestions, I was looking at the BJCP competition list on their website, but I don't really know much about any of them.

Cheers guys!

Do you want to send to a large competition or to one that may have under 20 beers in the Vienna category and give you a chance at winning? That's one thing to look at. The others are cost of shipping and distance it will need to travel in the middle of the summer in the back of trucks that can reach very high temps. Save the long distance shipments for the cooler months of the year.

Thus I would looks for a competition that is in your general area such as the 7/27 All American Brew-Off in Fort Smith, Arkansas or the 8/9 Kentucky State Fair one in Louisville.

That's just my personal opinion. I live in MA and so far have only sent mine to Rhode Island and Boston comps and I sent in beers not to win, but to just get some "professional" feedback.

Well, a couple of things I am after, I just entered one of my beers into a local competition and won my category, and right now I am looking to compete against a larger pool of people. (only 7 in my category which combined several major categories).

I want the professional feedback as well. So a competition were I would get lots of feed back would also be great! Really, I wouldn't mind entering more than one if I really like the way beer turns out. A smaller competition, and then a larger one.

Back