I made a completely free drink tracking iOS health app. Anyone interested?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archagon

Reaction score
Sorry for the self-promotion, but I figured people here might be interested in this. (Let me know if it's not allowed and I'll remove it.) After learning about the correlation between alcohol consumption and various types of cancers a few years ago, I've been trying hard to keep my drinking under a certain drink-per-week limit. Every drink I consumed went into a spreadsheet, which did a bunch of math and told me when I was about to hit my number. Over-analytical, maybe, but I'm a nerd and it helped me out a lot. (I went down to about 1.3 standard drinks per day on average.)

Last month, I decided to turn this workflow into a standalone iOS app called Good Spirits. You set a limit and then check in drinks like in Untappd, specifying the type, volume, ABV, price, and so forth. The app keeps you informed about your stated goals and provides pretty charts, stats, and trends for your weekly/monthly/yearly alcohol consumption. You also have the option to pull new check-ins directly from Untappd if you link up your account. (Pending Untappd check-ins need to have their volume and, optionally, price filled out.) There are no social features, nor any servers involved at all: everything is stored to a local database.

I'm starting a new job very soon and don't really need the money, so the app is free. I mostly made it because it was a thing that I really wanted to exist. I only hope it might help some health-paranoid craft beer drinkers such as myself!

(Oh, and I'm also planning to release the source code under GPL or maybe MIT.)

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/good-spirits/id1434237439?ls=1&mt=8

c5kmjul.png

Last edited:
I’m incredibly interested to see where this goes. I assumed it was a first post nonsense ********, but you’ve actually been active.

giphy.gif
Had the same thought at first but since it was coming from an active member I read it and am now intrigued.

Avoiding the cancer is something I’m interested in so I may actually try this out knowing I’m already drinking too much. Could be useful to at least temper that ‘too much’.

Latest posts

Back