New to homebrewing, my first beer! :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regreb01

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been lurking on here for about a month, right before I took the pluge and got everything to make my first home brew. Been learning a TON from the forums, and needless to say after brewing and watching the beer come into existance, I'm hooked!

My first brew was a partial mash American ale.

OG: 1.049 FG: 1.010

6.6lbs Golden light LME
1lb 2-row British pale

.75oz Chinook
1.5oz Cascade (.5oz at 60, 30 and 10)

WLP001 yeast

mashed the grains with 1gal of water for 30min at 154degrees, and sparged with a gallon of 170degree making a 2 gallon boil. Added the LME and brought to a boil for 60min adding hops at their designated time. Cooled in an ice bath to pitching temp of ~75 and put into fermenter with 3gallon of chilled filtered water. Pitched the yeast and let it ferment for 10days, it stayed in the low 70s during fermentation, not going above 73 in any temp readings I took. It bottle conditioned for a week and its great! Nicely carbonated and well rounded taste, not too bitter. I can imagine with a couple more weeks in the bottle the flavors will really meld nicely.

Next up is an IPA! Let the home brewing fun begin!

964125_10102055957306922_960779769_o.jpg

bottle conditioned for a week and its great! QUOTE]

If it's great only after a week wait till you try the remaining bottles after more conditioning! You do have some left don't you?? :cross:

Yes! I resisted after 1 bottle and switched to the Red Hook I had in the fridge. I am going to let it sit now for a while before drinking the rest..at least thats my intention! :mug:

Back