Delicious Death Sauce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
So this is my new idea. I'm gonna try it in the next few weeks and see how it turns out. Hopefully it kicks my butt like I imagine it will

Half cup prepared Horseradish
1 tsp flour
1 Tbsp butter
Pinch salt
Pinch paprika
1/4 cup milk or cream (depends on whether I make ice cream around the same time or not)
1 egg yolk slightly beaten
hotsauce to taste (I'll be using Scorpion sauce)

I need to see if it comes out the texture I like. What I want is something I can squeeze on hotdogs or burgers, or steak, or roast beef, or anything.

For prep, you combing the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan, add milk until thickened.

Temper into egg yolk and cook on low for 30 minutes.

i'm hoping for a big old wallop of heat.

Do you think garlic wouldnt play well with the horseradish? My father took to mixing mayo with the chili garlic sauce that the same people who make The Rooster put out. I know mayo and cream arent the same but they are both "creamY"

I'm kicking the garlic idea around. If I did that I'd saute the garlic before hand since I know garlic can be weird with it's ability to give people botulism better to be safe than sorry.

I was kicking around roasting a head of garlic and adding that but I think I'll start with this first to see if it's a winner.

I don't think I disagree with that assumption. One thing to note, if you do roast garlic, is you are going to get a sweeter product than one using a similar quantity of raw garlic.

I don't think I disagree with that assumption. One thing to note, if you do roast garlic, is you are going to get a sweeter product than one using a similar quantity of raw garlic.

Correct. That's kinda what I'm hoping for if I do that. I figure the scorpion hotsauce and horseradish coudl do enough damage lol.

So I made it with some tweaks. To get a more total heat package I used Scorpion Hotsauce, Tabasco, and Cayenne pepper. Just ate it one hotdog with some mustard and it turned out great. only used a small amount of hotsauce as too much can kill.

Back