How is this looking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waycomb

Reaction score
My Stout has been in the fermenter for 24 hours now and noticed a lack of activity so decided to check it here's a pic.

Does it look okay?

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_193219.jpg
    IMG_20191110_193219.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Yes, you have activity.

Probably should have been a little more clear, i can see activity is going on (now that i have looked) (but enough? at this stage?) just had not seen anything going through the airlock, last brew was a lot more active in the early days.

Probably should have been a little more clear, i can see activity is going on (now that i have looked) (but enough? at this stage?) just had not seen anything going through the airlock, last brew was a lot more active in the early days.

Yeast gonna do what yeast gonna do...

What was your last brew? What was the yeast? What was the temp?

You can definitely get a little predictive of strains and what to expect, but if it's a whole different set of circumstances, who knows. Give it a few more days and check gravity.

Yeast gonna do what yeast gonna do...

What was your last brew? What was the yeast? What was the temp?

You can definitely get a little predictive of strains and what to expect, but if it's a whole different set of circumstances, who knows. Give it a few more days and check gravity.

Last brew was a session IPA and i used Safale 04 temps where probably around 20oc but my setup is not very complex so temps do vary.
This time im using White Labs WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast so first time with liquid yeast.

Ill see what grav is like towards the end of this coming week, OG was quite a bit lower than i wanted (1.042 when i was hoping for 1.050 - 1.052 (i think due to my sparge efficiency + a little extra liquid than i wanted) will see how it goes.

You probably need to get a blow-off tube on that. Especially with as much of the airlock coming through the bottom of the lid as you have. Only 24 hours, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Not much room in there with the lid on. It'll be coming out the airlock.

All the Best,
D. White

That ring of krausen around the sides is puzzling. It looks like there was much more activity than now. How warm has the wort been so far? Are you controlling the fermentation temperature. It seems to short but your fermentation might have already peaked....

That ring of krausen around the sides is puzzling. It looks like there was much more activity than now. How warm has the wort been so far? Are you controlling the fermentation temperature. It seems to short but your fermentation might have already peaked....

+1, and "Mmmmmm, beer!" lol, and don't let the LoDo phreaks see you with that lid off! ;)

edit: and being that i see krausen on your airlock too, surprised it wasn't gushing out.....?

Latest posts

Back