Hopslam Price Questioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickfern

Reaction score
I'm in the NJ/NY area and Hopslam is being sold at $4.25 per bottle, max two per person. What does the full six go for in places that sell it in its entirety? Thanks.

I've heard of anywhere between 17-21$ for a sixer. I got a case for 74 and change.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Paid about $16 for a six pack, no limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

18 a Sixers here but if you get a bottle at a bar it runs about 7 bucks a bottle.

So many beers... so little time.

Place in York, PA is selling it at $6.50 per bottle. That's insane IMO.

I got a single for $4. Same place had six packs for $22. I get a bottle every year and then wonder why. It's not worth the price IMO. Not to say I don't like it, but I think Two Hearted is a better beer and at half the price.

I got a single for $4. Same place had six packs for $22. I get a bottle every year and then wonder why. It's not worth the price IMO. Not to say I don't like it, but I think Two Hearted is a better beer and at half the price.

This will be my first year trying it. I'm eager to see how it compares to all other IPAs.

I wish I could try it without the trade hassle... it must be delicious if people will pay so much for it. Sounds like the pricing is right around Sculpin (Ballast Point) pricing here in Southern CA. Expensive, but generally worth it.

My problem is, when Lagunitas Sucks is in season at 12 bucks a 6-pack... how can I entertain the idea of buying something else that is de facto less delicious (since Sucks is a pretty much perfect IPA, hard to beat) and more expensive?

Its one of those things where you always wish it tasted better than it does. I hear that about Pliny and Headdy as well.

To Nickfern, this is a double so it should taste a little different. I actually prefer Hopslam with a little age on it. The honey notes come out much more. Some buds and I went to the brewery the day after it released and had some on tap. Almost too fresh if you can believe that.

It's worth trying for sure but I think its one of those beers that benefits from the hype. It's too sweet for my pallet and heavy on the more earthy/herbal hop flavors, which I'm not as interested in.

Its one of those things where you always wish it tasted better than it does. I hear that about Pliny and Headdy as well.

To Nickfern, this is a double so it should taste a little different. I actually prefer Hopslam with a little age on it. The honey notes come out much more. Some buds and I went to the brewery the day after it released and had some on tap. Almost too fresh if you can believe that.

Hahaha I've never once heard, that someone wished heady tasted better then it did.

Do you prefer DFH 120 same year, or aged? Seems like it could have some parallels.

$20 a six for the ones I bought. I just look at it from the point of view that I never hesitate to pay $4 a pint for good beer in a bar..... That is $24 for six (of pints). In that light - it is easily "worth it." It is very good.

I dont understand the hype on this one. Its good stuff. But way overpriced. Not worth it at all. I cant blame anyone for wanting to try it though.

I stopped buying it years ago. And still just walk right by it every year without a blink.

Even if it was $10 a sixer, id probably just keep buying anti-hero or daisy cutter anyway...

I wish I could try it without the trade hassle... it must be delicious if people will pay so much for it. Sounds like the pricing is right around Sculpin (Ballast Point) pricing here in Southern CA. Expensive, but generally worth it.

My problem is, when Lagunitas Sucks is in season at 12 bucks a 6-pack... how can I entertain the idea of buying something else that is de facto less delicious (since Sucks is a pretty much perfect IPA, hard to beat) and more expensive?

Haha I'm working on two sixers a piece of each atm. Good stuff.

Atlanta was all over the map. Nobody would release more than a 6er... but prices ranged from 18 to 30 bucks. I traveled around to amass 2 cases worth (and one place gave me the empty case so I have an intact case)...... but it was a PITA.

Sent from my DROID3 using Home Brew mobile app

I've gotten a couple sixers at $16 here, there is no limit either. I prefer Surly Abrasive tho, but its $16 for a 4 pack of 16oz.

Back