Hops for Cold Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JavaJunkie

Reaction score
Anyone had experience cold brewing hops? Does it extract the same general flavor components? I've never made my own home brew beer but I am experimenting with various ways to cold brew coffee and would like to create a formula that has a hoppy flavor. The coffee must be steeped in grounds at room temperature for 24 hours so my options are to either add the hops to the room temperature coffee brew or boil them in advance and allow the water to return to room temp before brewing the coffee.

Just wondering if soaking the hops at room temp will create the desired effect.

-Brad

Anyone had experience cold brewing hops? Does it extract the same general flavor components? I've never made my own home brew beer but I am experimenting with various ways to cold brew coffee and would like to create a formula that has a hoppy flavor. The coffee must be steeped in grounds at room temperature for 24 hours so my options are to either add the hops to the room temperature coffee brew or boil them in advance and allow the water to return to room temp before brewing the coffee.

Just wondering if soaking the hops at room temp will create the desired effect.

-Brad

Might find information from these guys

Back