Home tap water profile. Will this work??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
So I got a report from my township water company, thanks dustin_j for the link. I normally use RO but all the local filling stations are closed. Now this report is from 2018 and I have a ward labs kit in the mail but it should be close to this. I'm impatient by nature so I wanted to run it by y'all and see what u think of this water. I brew mostly ipas and neipas.

Calcium- 58 (50-80)
Magnesium- 41 (34-50)
Sodium- 120 (110-120)
Chloride- 70 (49-100)
Sulfate- 109 (82-130)
Bicarbonate- 16 (13-23)
Total alkalinity- 33 (30-50)
Chloramines- 1.7 (.17-2.6)
Lead- 1.1 (0-1.7)
Hardness- 99 (84-130)
Ph- 9.2 (9-9.8)
Chlorate- 174 (32-330)

And if this looks good how do I put this into bru'n water so I can make my mineral adjustments. Thanks.

I think it will be okay for IPAs. You may have to acidify both your mash and sparge water, but that's nothing. My beginning ph is 9.6, so I use a couple of ounces of acid malt in my lighter beer recipes, and I usually have to add about 1 ml of lactic acid to my sparge water to get it down to a ph of 5.4.

In Bru'nwater go to the 'water report input' tab and input the numbers. Also, do the same thing in the 'sparge acidification' tab. There are easy to understand directions under one of the tabs on your Bru'nwater. Just play around with it; you'll get it in no time.

I think it will be okay for IPAs. You may have to acidify both your mash and sparge water, but that's nothing. My beginning ph is 9.6, so I use a couple of ounces of acid malt in my lighter beer recipes, and I usually have to add about 1 ml of lactic acid to my sparge water to get it down to a ph of 5.4.

In Bru'nwater go to the 'water report input' tab and input the numbers. Also, do the same thing in the 'sparge acidification' tab. There are easy to understand directions under one of the tabs on your Bru'nwater. Just play around with it; you'll get it in no time.

cool I think this may work. I use LA in my sparge water anyway.

Back