Home Depot 10 Gallon HLT and MLT conversion question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashburn66

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just had a quick question. I decided to get a couple of the 10 gallon orange round rubbermade home depot coolers to convert into an HLT and a MLT. I got all the parts needed per one of the threads on hear that said to get a 3/8 ball valve with the 3/8 nipple etc. I get all the parts and go to put it all together and its way to small. I measured the hole and it looks like its a 1" hole and with the gromet that comes inside the cooler its 3/4. Has anyone run into this issue. I was thinking of returning all the plumbing parts i got and exchange them for 3/4 size parts. Please let me know if im missing something here. any help is appriciated

Thanks

Check out this conversion kit and select the Rubbermaid option. Looks like a solid kit for the price.

Years ago I built a 10g HD Rubbermaid cooler MLT. The cooler did have a large enough hole to pass a 1/2" pipe through. I used somewhat similar parts to the kit above, particularly a bulkhead designed for that cooler and the domed FB, and I'm sure it cost more all up than that kit price...

Cheers!

awesome! Thank you for all of your help this deffinetley points me in the right direction.

Back