MM3 idler roller getting harder to turn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might have some grain stuck between the roller and the side plates. Check that out.

Yeah, I have the same problem after nearly every brew session. I have to completely disassemble the hopper before every brew to get out the grain stuck between the roller and side. I use the manufacturer's base, which I was told by the manufacturer was probably the issue. Something about the template's holes widening over time. That they use for making bases. I had hoped they'd replace the base but instead they suggested I drill the holes a little larger myself. I decided to leave it since there is screw up potential until I can make my own base.

I blow mine out with compressed air after every use but have noticed if I have it set to the maximum crush it will jam. I have to run multiple passes if I want it crushed a bit finer.

Latest posts

Back