Hi from Annapolis, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleev-les

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. Obviously new on the forum. Been lurking a bit though. Started homebrewing last December. Successfully brewed 3 partial mash beers and moved to all grain. I'm 6 brews in and my frequency is increasing. Finding out that a 5 gallon batch isn't enough so starting to put a budget aside for something bigger. I'm brewing with a Brewers Edge Mash and Boil and like the all in one systems. I really have taken a liking to the systems like Spikes (HLT, Boil Kettle, Mash Tun) all in one systems so that's something I'd like to move into in the future. Anyway, I'm sure I will get a ton of info on here. Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome from naptown, are you a member of Annapolis homebrew club?

Finding out that a 5 gallon batch isn't enough so starting to put a budget aside for something bigger.

I brew 10 gal batches, can't go bigger, or i'd have to start pumping wort around instead of picking it up.... ( and kegging is the only way! :))

Welcome! i'll be the first person you set to ignore ;) :mug:

I brew 10 gal batches, can't go bigger, or i'd have to start pumping wort around instead of picking it up.... ( and kegging is the only way! :))

Welcome! i'll be the first person you set to ignore ;) :mug:

I've never in my forum life put anyone on ignore lol.. I am kegging. Have a 2 tap setup on my fridge conversion, adding a third. Just bought 2 more kegs today and 3 (1) gallon growlers. I would love to find an all in 1 10 gal system. I do like the mash and boil, just need bigger, which would mean 240v too just to get the temps.

I've never in my forum life put anyone on ignore lol..

and seriously, Welcome! :D

edit: damn, just tried to help you find an electric AIO 10gal, 4k-5k? i only spent $400 on a 15 gal pot, and `10 gal cooler back in 2003....still what i use today! ;)

Last edited:

and seriously, Welcome! :D

edit: damn, just tried to help you find an electric AIO 10gal, 4k-5k? i only spent $400 on a 15 gal pot, and `10 gal cooler back in 2003....still what i use today! ;)

Yup, expensive haha. I could get a Spikes system or Blichman pilot for a little more. I've got some time. I'll upgrade fermenters first and be ready to go bigger..

what kind of fermenters are using for your 5 gal batches? i use 13 gal plastic buckets for my 10G batches, nice big lids, makes cleaning easy...find them at the feed store, $20 a piece....

what kind of fermenters are using for your 5 gal batches? i use 13 gal plastic buckets for my 10G batches, nice big lids, makes cleaning easy...find them at the feed store, $20 a piece....

Conical 5G Fast Fermenters. I like the system, but they are still plastic and after a while I'm wondering how the threads will hold up. I'd like to move to SS conical for longevity and easier to keep clean.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back